PM-Mastery Mastermind Group - 2023
Join the Project Management Mastermind where current and aspiring project managers can get together and share knowledge and experience on a regular basis.
Are you an avid reader or Audible listener of personal development or project management books, because you want to step up your game? Are you constantly working on ways to boost your personal and career development and are find that reading is just not enough? Joining a Mastermind could be the next step to boosting your development goals. PM-Mastery focuses on project managers and the topics they care about. This is the place where you can get advice and share experiences with your peers on problems and frustrations you’re facing. A mastermind group will fast-track your results.
What is a Mastermind Group
The mastermind concept was popularized in the early twentieth century by Napoleon Hill in his classic, Think and Grow Rich, where Hill defines the concept as:
“The coordination of knowledge and effort between two or more people who work towards a definite purpose in a spirit of harmony…no two minds ever come together without thereby creating a third, invisible intangible force, which may be likened to a third mind”.
The definition of a mastermind group is straightforward:
A group of peers who meet to give each other advice and support. This is similar to mentoring and coaching but has a larger pool to work with and it’s personal. Typical Mastermind groups will have five or six members, instead of being one-on-one meetings. In a mastermind group, you will both give and receive advice, do brainstorming sessions, share presentations and even discuss professional issues.
- Provide accountability
- Challenging each other to succeed.
- Share ideas.
- Grow your professional network.
- Increase your own experience and confidence.
- Get honest feedback, advice, and brainstorming.
- Learn from the experience and skills of the other members.
There have been multiple studies on why some people meet goals and some don’t, and the results are very common:
- Those who had written their goals down had an increased chance of achieving them.
- Sharing the goals bumps up the completion percentage even higher.
- Adding in regular accountability with a friend or coach – the goal completion rates increase even more.
- Accountability matters – whether it be with a trainer in the gym or in a group setting on self-development.
I’ve seen the same kind of results personally in another mastermind that I have been a part of for over five years. And not just myself, but others within the group.
PM-Mastery Group Size
A typical structure is 6 Like-minded people. Why 6? For specific growth, keep your group small and limited to like-minded people that are smarter than you. They do not need to be smarter in every way, they just need to know something you don’t or be better at something than you and be willing to share it – this is how you grow. For 2023, we are expanding to a larger group – lets see what we can get as this is all about multi-opinions, experience and input.
Schedule – Monthly
Why Monthly? Most of us are busy with family, work, and other growth work. Monthly meetings provide a regular cadence, yet time to work on knowledge from the last MM meeting. Because the meetings are on a regular cadence it should be easier to prioritize and plan for the meetings – if you do not attend, you gain nothing.
Zoom with Video – Zoom is a very powerful application and allows for audio and video and recording of the sessions. The video promotes not multi-tasking and being present, a professional skill for any project manager. The audio-only recordings will be available for reference and for those that may miss a meeting.
- Structured (120 minutes):
- Welcome and Agenda review, news – up to 5 minutes:
- Round Table – Start with Highs/lows – victories/struggles – 15-20 minutes:
- Person to always start with their name.
- What did you commit to accomplishing at the last meeting?
- What is your biggest goal this week?
- Did you accomplish this?
- Approximately 2 minutes per person
- Topic(s) (+/- 90 minutes):
- This will be driven by a previously chosen topic or topics
- We will open the floor, starting with the person who chose this sessions topic to explain why they felt this was a good topic to discuss.
- Wrap-up (15 Minutes):
- Round Table
- For each person, 4 weeks objective to accomplish.
- The most important step to accomplish above.
- Approximately 1-2 minutes per person
- Discuss the next month’s topic
- Audio recording will follow the meeting – shared via Dropbox
Are you interested in growing and learning from your project manager peers? Once the group starts, it will go for through the current calendar year and then a new group will start. Existing members are able to re-apply for the new group if they want or continue their relationship outside the mastermind.
$120 per year (prorated on when yo join) – Yes there is a minimal fee to cover my time and tools to used to host the mastermind (Zoom, audio editing, web hosting, etc.). Fees can be paid via Venmo or PayPal, and can be paid monthly or annually – once you are a member you will get the payment information.
Fill out the form below and get started.